Saturday 13 January 2018

BE KIND TO YOURSELF



Thank you to those who participated in the exercise last week. I was very grateful to see the Willpower being invoked in the goals you want to accomplish. I am beside you and applaud you in your quest. I will be your silent cheerleader. When the willpower lags, and your doubts arise.


Believe in yourself....you can do this. One step at a time, and one tick at a time to reduce your checklist to zero. Then a new checklist can be written with your next set of goals.

To survive this health challenge you are being faced with. The outside world will sometimes seem unfeeling and cold. Your outer world will not feel your inner loneliness, and the fears you face.

Hopefully, the diagnosis from your doctor won’t be as severe as mine. I was so far gone according to them. I figured it was no point staying in the medical system. This decision saved my life.

Discovering, I could in fact survive and bring back the quality of life. I had to fight hard to preserve, and not have taken from me. It was only much later I realised it was only the doubts from the external world. Which I carried held me back for so long.

I found the loudest voices came from people who had never had to live and survive cancer. They had absolutely no idea what is required. But this is the way of the world. Build a mental bridge and get over it. Remove them from your life, if that is what it takes to find yourself and the inner peace you richly deserve.

The life choices I had to make however to survive. Were difficult at times, but resulted in giving me the inner strength forged in fire. This inner strength is like titanium.

If you have been diagnosed with cancer. You will find friends will avoid you. This is not a negative experience although it may hurt a little, to let go of relationships you cherished. It opens your world, to focus more time for yourself. To focus on the essential needs and attention your body is asking of you.

Everything in your old life, you had before being diagnosed. You will find new paths opening, and new experiences you never thought of or had time for before.

I will assume for the moment you have sorted out your diet and are following a regime with focus and discipline?

Because it can become a bit of a mind drag at times. I mean who doesn’t love yummy foods, and all those processed and packaged foods? We form addictive habits and attachments. To these comfort foods. Changing the mindset and foods you eat. Will have you thinking your throat is cut. I know I did.

Behind the clouds is ...SUNSHINE




To temper and balance your life. May I suggest to look to the creative? Some things you always wanted to do, but never found the time.

I turned to growing bonsai’s and collecting driftwood on my beach walks and arranged the pieces in my bonsai displays.

Finding seashells were another favourite. I would bring these sun bleached shells home, and display in various places in the garden.

Such simple pleasures not onerous or strenuous. These activities bring a gentleness to one's environment. An environment in which to let yourself heal. Especially any old emotional traumas, grief  or losses in life.

Be kind to yourself.


Stay strong.


Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment