Friday 23 February 2018

LITTLE GEMS

A mixture of little gems today. For your body, mind & spirit.

1. To nurture yourself
2. Take a breather from the outer world.
3. Creation - this is where the real you and the freedom to express the essence of your soul.
4. Become more aware of the hidden dangers in your foods.

1. What do you do to feel nurtured?
 - Hot soak in the bath with Epsom salts?
 - Reading a good book?
 - Having lunch with a dear friend?
 - Paying attention to your hair, nails, etc.?
 - Walking in the garden/s?
 - Hiking?
 - Picking flowers? (not the neighbors!)
 - Walking along the beach, with no thoughts in particular?
 - Crosswords and puzzles?

Most of these activities are done alone with no outside distractions and demands on your attention. Which flows onto Number 2. A pause, and breather from the outer world. You can be lost in your own thoughts, many a time a wonderful idea or thought will flow. This idea will create an urge to create and express your uniqueness. Sit and ponder..

2. Sigh… Relief.. Expansion…Freedom of thoughts....  Releasing….
Give yourself permission to let go. Let the cares and worries slowly fade….. and dissolve.

Using your mind renewed.

3. This will open the gates of your thoughts to merge into number three.
Creation ahh…. to express yourself, to show the real you.
(I will post an activity below, if you have difficulty of coming up with an idea.)
Your creativity can be expressed in so many ways. Feel free to post how you express your uniqueness.

- Drawing, painting, sewing, embroidery, woodwork, pottery, gardening, writing, poetry, photography, journaling.

Close your eyes, and the colour/s will pop into your head. Images will show and express themselves.
Go with the flow…. There are no judgments, NO RULES, no right or wrong, no good or bad.
Only freedom of your expression.

Courtesy of Digital Buggu 24



To deal with truths, especially emotional truths which are pushed aside because they are too painful. I found the following exercise useful, where I could express my emotions honestly, but it wasn’t in an earth shattering way. It was allowing myself to feel any emotion, without judgment. A way to express myself creatively. Maybe this technique will resonate with you?

EXERCISE TIME!


If you could not think of a creative way to express yourself, or let those tightly hidden emotions out.
I will try to walk you through my thought process and maybe it will assist.

I looked to nature, and the elements found in nature. Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Wood, Metals.
Then take your emotions and express yourself as though you were nature expressing itself, in its wildest, free and abandoned way.


This then leads me to create the following






4. Finally, this brings me to harmful additives in our foods. The hidden dangers.
Often, when our health fails us we add potions and formulas and supposed miracle pills to make us feel better. I do the opposite; by removing various processed foods or products from my life, has restored my health in so many ways. Therefore it is not just about changing our addictive behaviors and eating habits. Less is More =  less bad habits and foods, for more health.

We may not know of how they can affect us. Only you will know by not eating any foods with preservatives. In a month or two, see how your health and body is responding. Then when you introduce a food product back into your diet. It will be easy to see the difference. For me it can take up to 10 days or more before I notice the difference. Either positive when removing the processed foods or negative when re-introducing the processed food type. 

Many of the additives are slow acting and hard to pin point which ones are affecting me. Therefore back to my rule nothing out of a can or a packet. Until you have taken the time to study your body and reactions.

The additives I am focusing on today, is linked to cancer, MS, asthma, memory loss, diabetes, weight gain, headaches, brain tumours, migraines, Parkinson’s disease and Lupus.

Many of the additives found in natural flavorings, seasonings in packaged foods, beef and chicken stock, are damaging to our health by stealth.

Aspartame is added to many foods and beverages, and sweeteners also known as Equal, NutraSweet Chewing gums have these sweeteners.
Many people consuming large quantities Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi are more prone to develop MS. 

I would like to recommend you do your own research and try to see what foods with the additives are affecting your health. It will be worth the effort if you treasure your health and wellbeing.
Again, I am only giving you an insight of the area's I changed in my life to restore my health. 

You are your own magician!

Stay Strong

Karen








My Wayward Crepe Myrtle

No comments:

Post a Comment