Friday 2 November 2018

TREASURE HUNT FOR FOOD





I enjoy learning and studying ancient philosophy, therefore I enjoy learning about the hidden treasures foods can bring into my life, which I like to share with my readers. I am only presenting ideas.. the rest is up to you.

After my turbo boost of fennel and asparagus last week, this week I eased back and took the gentle approach of eating asparagus and fresh salmon for two meals. An alternative to my staple diet mentioned in my book.

Cook before eating!


As usual, I cook with no additives and squeezed fresh lemon juice on the asparagus and salmon after cooking. So easy…. and minimal fuss.

The treasures I found in having and enjoying basil tea. I make from cutting fresh basil from the garden, given by a precious friend.

BASIL

I use 3-4 leaves of the fresh basil and cut up into the teapot, then pour the boiling water and let steep for about 5-10 minutes.




Basil calms the nerves and eases tension. Increases the natural immune system against stress and disease. Also, good for energy and strength. I concur, that I always feel energised and renewed after drinking basil tea. Many other benefits recorded is memory improvement, intelligence, and heart health. Also used to treat fatigue, liver, blood and skin disorders, nourish the central nervous system and balance cortisol levels.

I stay away from basil oil.

I encourage you to study and look into the benefits yourself to see if it suits your metabolism and assists with your health.


Book Reviews

I have collected book reviews left by people, and would like to share them and say “Thank You!”





Stay Strong!

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment