Wednesday 22 November 2017

HERBS AND SPICES

PART I OF IV




ORGANIC CINNAMON POWDER


Cinnamon is one of the most powerful healers and, yet, over time, people have gradually forgotten about it apart from use as flavouring in cakes and pies. Unless you are searching specifically for answers, then you may easily gloss over the words and miss valuable information.


I use Cinnamon every single day and usually source organic ground cinnamon. I usually put about 1/4 teaspoon in my banana smoothie each morning.

It is good for flu-type symptoms, infections, bacteria, Candida, numbness in fingers and is known to have anti-cancer benefits. It can even be used for golden staph infections. The studies done on the benefits of cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg and bay were found to triple insulin activity for diabetics. The benefits from using this spice are endless.


My Banana Smoothie consists of Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk, a banana - not too ripe, otherwise the acidity is higher, 1/4 teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder.




FRESH DILL

Very rarely does a day go by that I don’t add fresh Dill to my banana smoothie. It is a good source of calcium, iron and manganese, and good for bone loss which can occur after menopause, and in my case I take it to assist with my bone health. 


ORGANIC TURMERIC POWDER

Turmeric in my book is a wonder spice and the medicinal studies have found it a wonderful inhibitor for cancer cells in breast cancer and colon cancer. It is healthy for the liver and I have used this on a daily basis for years, not usually as fresh turmeric. Here again, I purchase organic turmeric powder and make into capsules to take at night with my meals with the cayenne pepper capsule. I also add about a 1/4 teaspoon to the good ol’ banana smoothie. 

Turmeric supports the adrenal glands and liver function and assists with joint inflammation. Isabel Shipard has written extensively on this spice and I suggest you do your own research to see if it can offer you benefits.

A word of caution, I have tried some health manufactured brands of Turmeric Tablets, and did not get the same benefits as the quality organic powder and making my own capsules.

Once you trust the healing potential of herbs, it is an ongoing, learning experience. I love the exploring; I guess it is feeding my thirst for knowledge and the never-ending question, “What can heal that?” 

It was a gradual realisation that all the healing methods I was finding were of no financial gain to the pharmaceutical industry. They can’t patent nature and that is where I was finding all the answers. 

I encourage you, if you want independence and can accept full responsibility for your life, to take the time to study herbs, weeds and plants.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment