Saturday 14 July 2018

SURVIVAL INSTINCTS

(re-edited)


Unless you have been close to death, some of my ramblings this week will mean diddly squat, or have little meaning and as if I am speaking in another language!

I found my sixth sense and instincts became heightened, and I have been using them for years, and have come to rely and trust explicitly. It is hard to turn them off. I have learnt not to question my instincts or senses. Many a time I didn’t want to follow my gut instinct, but I have finally learnt not to question. Go figure…..how are your instincts are they heightened and switched on? I wonder how many others also have a heightened awareness. Are they like me?

Anyway onto other matters for the week…….

What I have growing in my garden and what I have been eating, and my pastime activities?

My winter garden is providing me with fresh kale leaves and lovely fresh dill which is picked and I add to my banana smoothies for breakfast each morning.  Tramping out in the cold dewy grass in the crisp air, is not my favourite past time nor is getting up early in the winter mornings. I have spent enough early winter mornings getting up at 4 am or earlier to study or work, and no longer feel the slightest bit of guilt about what time I get out on a winter morning anymore. I have given myself permission to do what is right for my health, and so I can hang around and write to inspire others needing a little encouragement or a helping hand.






Cleaning out the garden of the dead leaves and plants which have died back in winter was grounding and brought me closer to nature. I enjoyed listening to the sounds of the birds as they warble and twitter to each other during the day.



Picking the large pumpkins which grow in the backyard, to make the usual pumpkin and ginger soup for lunches and evening meals is another delight, and pleasure for the cold days over winter.



Tomorrow I look forward to picking oranges, lemons and passion fruit with a friend, and sharing the fruit crop on our trees. Our garden is bountiful and even though I don’t eat the oranges or passion fruit, I can share more with others.

I had a blitz on cryptic crosswords puzzles this week whilst snuggled up and cosy. I always enjoy finding a new perspective or way at looking at the clues to unearth the answers, and the ones I am really stuck on ….well I do peek at the answers when really bamboozled, but that OK isn’t it?

I trust you have all had a good week? Did you find inspiration? Did you discover something new about yourself you didn’t know? Did you discover something new in the world you didn’t know before?

My greatest gift received last week was a message from someone thanking me for my book and for giving them hope. I feel as though I am walking beside them on their challenge, and if my book is holding their hand, offering hope and encouragement. I have found my inspiration, happiness and peace.



I think this week, I will search for something different in music…maybe visit some singing groups I haven’t heard of for a while, or something totally new will cross my path. What do you have on your list to enjoy and discover this week?


Stay Strong!


Karen






No comments:

Post a Comment