Saturday 7 October 2017

Having a Loving & Supportive Environment - Is Essential


If you are ill, one of the most critical elements you  will need if you are to overcome and thrive again, is a loving and safe environment.

What do I mean by this?

Even though the Doctors kept offering me Chemo, and I was refusing.  My husband was supportive of what I wanted to do.  He never ever tried to make me do something that my intuition was telling me not to do.  In other words he supported my every decision about my health and my life choices 200%. 

When your life is in chaos, and you are confused with an overload of information. Well meaning people from all walks of life are offering and trying to give you advice, you may find yourself suffering with the paralysis by analysis syndrome.

It is so comforting and supportive to have that solid person, that believes in you, and gives you the space to make your own decisions.

When my husband stood at the end of my bed one day, this is in the darkest despair days, when I didn’t know if fighting was worth it, and didn’t know if I would ever be able to live a normal life again, due to the injuries to my spine.

I asked him if I should fight or just give in.  He looked me straight in the eyes and said one word.

“Fight”

The only trouble was, I realised, that knowing how to fight this dreaded disease didn’t come with a manual.  There was no pocket book or dictionary to assist me with interpreting my body, and what it needed. I only knew it was sick, and I needed to learn to block out all the well meaning advice, and just listen to my body.

At the start I was in so much pain, I wasn’t able to pick up the clues from my body on what it needed in the way of foods, and I have found that eating the right foods amounts to about 80% success if you really want to live and survive. 

Having the will power and really wanting to survive is also a key factor.

I started a diary with a CAN HAVE LIST and an AVOID FOODS LIST.  This also has to come with a good dose of patience from yourself and tolerating a fair amount of eye rolling that you may experience from friends or from family members, but build the mental bridge and get over it.  If you don’t know what your body wants, don’t expect anyone else to know either. Reduce your foods down to just a few, so that it is easy to see what is causing problems.  I was very fortunate to have the book by Ian Gawler “You Can Conquer Cancer”.  This gave me some very good starting guidelines, and recipes.

I thought my throat was cut, when I had to avoid meat, and cheeses.  While I never had been a big junk food eater per se.  I didn’t know how to survive and couldn’t get my mind around not eating anything out of a can or packet.  It does take time to re-train your habits and break the addictive behavior's around food and drinks.

“He who controls others may be powerful,

But he who has mastered himself is mightier still”
  -Lao Tzu

I made many mistakes when I first started, and as I weaned myself off the prescription drugs and my body was in pain, I had to learn to listen very attentively.  My body no doubt is very different to yours with what it is needing.  I can only write about what worked for me and my thought processes.  This in turn I hope will assist you with having the courage to make decisions about what you need, to restore your health, even back to the maintenance stage, would be wonderful!

  1. Start believing in yourself and your abilities is the first ground   breaking step.
  2. Shut out any negative and scare mongering from well meaning friends.
  3. Watch funny movies, and read funny books, do anything that makes you smile and laugh. 


This will reduce the cortisol levels in your body which is just one area we need to be focusing on as well as foods.

Firstly with my foods I started with just juices.  Wash the fresh raw foods that you eat very thoroughly.  We used to wash the organic carrots and organic apples before making the juice in Vitamin C powder (Ascorbic Acid).  The natural kind, not the synthetic kind.

Firstly my beautiful Carers, would do 4-5 juices a day for me.  It is recommended in some books to do up to 8 juices a day, see what works for you.  I had enough carrot juice at one stage that my skin had an orange / yellow hue.  At this life threatening stage I was also doing Green Barley juice, although I haven’t had Green Barley for years now, and really can’t say if it was of any benefit back in those early days or not.  Never the less I will mention it here.

I will again mention OXY RICH supplement,because it was definitely critical to my health and well-being and I still use it even today, although not in the quantities I used to have. I didn’t mix it with juice, but with water, that was filtered, because the council had just introduced fluoride to the water, and I couldn’t afford to have it in my water.

Live your life with Courage and Conviction!





Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment