Friday 29 June 2018

ABSTRACT THOUGHT


I work hard to escape misfortunes in my life after becoming consciously aware that most misfortunes we experience in life is by our own hand.

This enquiry into why my life was experiencing so much misfortune, in particular - health wise. Leading me to the study of ZEN. In many of its cryptic teachings and riddles combined with self observation of my inherent nature. I learnt a great deal of wisdom.


WESTERN MIND MET EASTERN MIND 



I do not embrace the spirit of ZEN as a religion, a science or a philosophy although many do.

I choose the essence and spirit of ZEN because the wisdom and understanding of the simple practices has made me independent, requiring no mentor or instructor. Focusing on learning and improving my existence.

It started with the desire and craving of beauty and inner peace. I consciously stopped being the victim of my circumstances. This leads to the accepting of the mind and a grateful heart.

View from my office window


Learning to find oneself enables one to lead a serene existence no longer being blown about by the storms of circumstance. Self discipline and a study of oneself and actions - is all that is required. ZEN is often described as an abstract meditation, it is the study of existence beyond the mind.

This abstract style of meditation is based on your individual experience and not based on written instruction. Therefore ZEN is not packaged and sold as a one size fits all. It caters to YOU. Your perfect individualism and your essence. You are stripped of all the worldly preconceptions and expectations from the outer world. Similar to a boutique dress shop which caters just for your physical size, shape and colour. ZEN fits our natures by focusing on the inner world of the individual.

ZEN is concerned totally with the inner life of the individual. By studying one’s own nature you come to understand yourself and know - “What is I and what is not I”



You discover and learn that each experience in your life is the direct result of a previous choice. If you take a moment to reflect back over a misfortune or experience, you are not fond of. You will see a pattern emerge of the choice or choices you made leading up to that experience. This leads you to make better choices and change circumstances that seem to repeat on a regular basis or pattern. There is no blame associated with this thinking. It is an awareness of the domino effect based on individual choices we make subconsciously which are not in our best interest for peace and serenity.

Inner peace is obtained through proper control of our thoughts and emotions. Developing one's character through experience and this style of meditation. This discipline eventually leading to freedom of thought and emotions without stress and tensions. This is also described as QUIETUDE… a peace and sereneness in one's life.


The study of ZEN leads to proper control of reducing the powers of external factors to disturb the inner life.

For me, if it means not watching the news on television
 for a week or more, then this is what I do.

I value my peace and serenity above the chaos and humdrum presented everyday on the news.

I have found true happiness and peace of soul as a result of complete acceptance of the universal laws of nature. Self will and self purpose leads to a more truthful reality.


All that is required, is a quiet determination and being attentive and persistent. This right mindedness as it is often described, leads to complete mental freedom. Releasing ourselves from the harsh and unfair thoughts and emotions - hence resulting in more happiness. The realisation that:-

By choosing to live badly
We choose to suffer
If you don’t want weeds in your life
Become diligent at pulling them out
Don’t be neglectful and use lack of time as an excuse.

Zen does not use the concept of time as in yesterday or tomorrow these concepts enslave us. The practice of Zen encourages us to focus on the NOW. By focusing on the NOW it is neither yesterday nor tomorrow it is timeless and always present. By focusing on the NOW you are always present in your life.

Remember yesterday or the past is only a memory of NOW. This may be a different concept of how we look at situations and circumstances in our life. If you make the PRESENT right in your life, then the flow of life becomes easier.

This has lead to an acceptance and eagerness in improving myself, and I can only write about my own experiences. The study of ZEN has lead me to acting with simplicity and untangled from complications I do not want in my life.



It has granted me solving powers to the problems life presents to me, all I need is solitude to practice my quietude. Some people value these qualities more than others, therefore needing more solitude than others.



Stay Strong!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment