Saturday 2 June 2018

WINTER & BOUNDARIES


Winter is usually the time of the year; my herb garden is weeded and restocked. Living in the tropics it is the only time I can get the plants to grow without an infestation of thrips to attack the plants. Crushed garlic is usually sprinkled around the plants. (I have found this also helps.)

So far this winter I have restocked the parsley, and for my Epsom salt bath, I have purchased an Eau De Cologne plant. Picking a few leaves to crush and hang in a bag over the bath tap to release the scent. This is so relaxing.

Eau De Cologne 


Wearing socks on my feet most of the time and keeping warm is important. It is much easier to prevent chills or colds than it is to get rid of one.

For years I cut up an onion and put beside my bed or on my desk where I am working. If I have been in an environment where someone has had a cold, or if I sense the slight tickle in the throat which often is the first warning sign.

Japanese menthol is another plant I ensure I have growing when winter comes. Placing crushed leaves in a steaming bowl to inhale the vapors is another favorite.
Japanese Menthol



You may have your own little tips and tricks you have forgotten and maybe reading my words, you will recall a remedy your grandparents have passed onto you.

A nice warm tumeric drink before going to bed is another nurturing and thoughtful task for your wellbeing, there are many recipes and combinations available. Find one that suits you.


BOUDARIES 


As well as the garden this week. I am reminded of winter with the snappy cooler weather. It reminds me of setting boundaries where some are needed with the changes in my life and also to re-evaluate boundaries I may have set earlier in regard to relationships or varying aspects to ensuring my health and wellbeing.

Resetting boundaries and what is and is not acceptable with peoples behavior toward me is another way I protect myself. Especially people who work in large companies, they become haphazard in their dealings with people in the public, and will ride rough-shod over you if you let them get away with it. Time to reset the boundaries and clearly state what boundary or treatment will not be tolerated.

The time I re-evaluate my boundaries on what I will and won't accept in my life anymore, is when another's behavior toward me evokes a feeling of worthlessness or like I am an insignificant person. I ask myself why I am feeling this way? If I am being unreasonable, then this is what I correct in myself. If however I feel they are being unreasonable, then I will state my boundaries.


Establishing Boundaries is often changing old habits.


I have listened to many people who - similar to me many years ago. Their feelings of self worth were so low, they have let people run rough-shod over them to the extent of domestic violence to bullying in the workplace.

No one deserves to feel unworthy nor insignificant. Knowing your own self worth is a good starting point. Having the courage to maintain that inner strength, comes with discipline, and being aware of your environment. Not becoming complacent and slipping into the old behavior's and habits or don’t pull people up when they are unaware or thoughtless with their actions.




These are my thoughts for this week.

Stay Strong

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment